wol588.vxd, Arrrggghhh!

Discussion in 'Software' started by 2kflhr, Jan 23, 2005.

1. 2kflhr

2kflhr Private E-2

I just bought a used computer with W98SE on it. I had loaded my Motorola cable modem, scanner, printer and etc software and tooling along fine until....

I decided to get any updates that might be available. I downloaded the updates and upon restarting I get a error about a file missing "wol588.vxd" and I hace no idea what it is. Everything seems to work, except I can't get on the internet..

Can anybody help?

Thanks

2. 2kflhr

2kflhr Private E-2

Re: wol558.vxd, Arrrggghhh!

The missig file was incorrect.. it is "WOL558.vxd". I've searched MS info and got no results. I didn't even get a copy of the OS from the buyer. stupid me!

3. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

Re: wol558.vxd, Arrrggghhh!

Have you tried to "Google" it?

4. 2kflhr

2kflhr Private E-2

Thanks Star17,
    That fixed the boot up error. I still can't get the cable modem to connect with the ethernet connection on the computer. Everything worked fine until I did the MS updates.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds