1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

won authentication failure

Discussion in 'Software' started by klassekock, Mar 17, 2003.

1. klassekock

klassekock Private E-2

everytime I try to play CS over the internet I get this messege "Won authentication failure, you can not use this CD-key on the VALVE network"...I've used this CD-key to play on the servers I've been trying to connect to for more then two years. Why doesn't it work now? Where can I find another CD-key that'll work on WON?

HASSELBLAD Sgt. Smirnoff

Dont use illegal software. Go out and buy Half-Life then get the CS mod.
  3. klassekock

klassekock Private E-2

I HAVE THE LEGAL VERSION!!!! That's why I'm so confused. I've bought the "Best Seller series HAlf-life"....But it's THAT CD-Key that doesn't work. How am I supposed to fix this?
  4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

contact VALVe about this, if you've loaned your HL cd, you're screwed.
  5. dalic

dalic Private E-2

uhm loaning cd key is only a problem if you try to play on the same server as someone with the cd key, or you where banned as a cheater with your won-id... which could exclude you from playing cs with your key..