wont print to paper

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ramzy2, Nov 1, 2009.

1. ramzy2

ramzy2 Private E-2

hi i upgraded my computer from vista 32.bit to 64 bit.
    my printer is epson rx585 i down loaded new drivers for 64.bit.
    every thing works ok can print a test page no problem can make covers/cd/dvd print direct to cd/dvd no problem.
    all are set right in printer prefrence set sheet plain paper.
    when i open a document or a picture in windows photo gallary
    a notice comes up the source selected in the printer drivers is not appropiate for paper that is loaded in the printer please set try to print cd/dvd postion.
    as i said all is set for it to print to paper.
    contacted epson on line nearly an hour no luck so if anyone can take over and help please thnks ramzy:confused

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Is it Only the Windows photo gallery that is the prob, can you print a photo/picture using Paint ?? Just trying to establish if your configurations are correct.

3. ramzy2

ramzy2 Private E-2

yes it works in paint and everything else but not from Windows photo gallery .
    i chek printer prefrence set to sheet plain paper:major

4. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

When you press on 'print' does another window pop up showing the printer ?? and can you use 'Options' if that page comes up.. I think its a settings problem otherwise you would have the same trouble in other print options, trial and error here tweaking may fix it.

5. ramzy2

ramzy2 Private E-2

:droolhi all sorted the prob was in the photo gallery

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds