Won't Stay Connected To Wireless

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dyamond, Nov 23, 2015.

1. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I purchased a small 2-in-1 laptop for my boss to he can do the EHR stuff while he's actually in with the patient.

It just arrived today and I was setting it up, it connected easily connected to the wireless and I had no problem accessing the internet but after about 5 minutes it would go to "limited" and say there is no internet connectivity.

I've tried internal diagnostics but it doesn't detect anything wrong and according to control panel, everything is functioning properly.

I know the problem must be with the new laptop (I don't know if it's a hardware or a software issue) because the other laptop, wireless printer and even my cell has no problem connecting or staying connected to the wireless network.

Help?

New laptop is a Inspiron 11-3148 Windows 1o

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. dyamond

Thanks, but I can't get on for more than a few minutes (which now seems to be seconds).

A weird update, the wireless network would show up but say limited but now, it says there are no networks at all? When I click on "Connect to the internet" I get the message "windows did not detect any networking hardware".. what does this mean?

Anything I could maybe download onto a sd card (or something) and run it on the new laptop? or should I just call dell and send it back?

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

As it's brand new, you should definitely contact Dell.

5. plodr

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

7. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

8. plodr

9. dyamond

Thanks guys, I contacted Dell and initiated a return of the laptop.

Kestrel13! and TimW like this.
  10. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You did the right thing. :cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds