Word 2007 & Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Carolbpeter, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Carolbpeter

Carolbpeter Private E-2

These two issues may be related. Word hangs when I try to open it. I have already deleted the normal.docm, and it hasn't changed anything. Also, when I try to add a printer, the screen locks up. When I try to print, it all locks up. I have spent hours trying to find a solution. My last problem, is that I have lost my password to this laptop (HP with a fingerprint sign-on) and I can't reset it. I've tried every version of my password that I can think of. So - I can't do a recover back to a previous version either.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Perhaps post #9 and #8 can help you reset your password if you are talking about a Windows password.

Also Word as a repair option that might be worth a try. I think these are the steps for 2007.

In Word:
    Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
    Click Resources.
    Click Diagnose, click Continue, and then click Start Diagnostics.

3. Carolbpeter

Carolbpeter Private E-2

The password reset worked. THANKS! The other solution assumes that I can open Word. I can not. So, I'll keep searching.

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm running Office 2010 so it is slightly different.
    Do you have these entries in your All Programs from the Start Menu? I don't know if the Office Diagnostics would help get Word started or not.

Also check in Add/Remove Programs on Control Panel. I seem to remember the Office entry had an option to Change/Repair rather than just Add/Remove. (I just realized I haven't installed Office on my relatively new Windows installation so I can't really check.)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  5. Carolbpeter

Carolbpeter Private E-2

I found the office diagnostices in the All Programs and ran it. It didn't help. I'm probably more concerned that my windows 7 locks up when I do anything printer related. But both these programs started at about the same time, after I had already been using them (I purchased the laptop at the end of May).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds