Word Newer Versions

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lavender, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

I'm told the newer versions of Word don't have the option of changing Spelling & Grammar from Standard to Formal.

I'm having trouble believing Microsoft would remove that function. Is it true?

2. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Several members have posted about Word 2007. Surely someone has checked what is available in Spelling & Grammar. Does it offer an underline on passive sentences?

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Yep, I believe so. Click the toolbar button for Spelling and Grammar. In the Spelling and Grammar panel, click the Options button. In the Word Options panel that opens, click the Settings button. Scroll down. Under Style, you'll find "Passive sentences". Check the box for it and close.

4. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Yep, I thought somebody was stringing me a line. I've always used Formal and I can't believe some people don't. It's a Godsend.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Office Word 2010 also has similar options for grammer and style as 2007 also, so its not removed, likely in different menu and name to that of older versions of Office.

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds