WordPerfect 11 misbehaves in Vista SP1

Discussion in 'Software' started by eaglestar3, Jul 21, 2008.

1. eaglestar3

eaglestar3 Private E-2

I installed WP 11 OEM on a new machine. File Open and Save windows banner says Perfect Fit Document Management and won't allow any activity. Perfect Fit is not installed and apparently not part of this particular install. I had WP running on another Vista machine, but it was installed before SP1. The new machine has SP1 pre-installed. This is the only difference I can discern that might affect it. Anybody know how to get the normal file handling up?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have you made sure you have all the updates for WP11 installed? List here

Also try right clicking the Wordperfect shortcut and choosing Run as Administrator, if that works then you can add this option perminently by right click the shortcut and choose Properties > Compatability and tick the very bottom option. As WP11 is not fully Vista compatible, you may also need to change in the compatability tab, WP11 to run in XP SP2 compatability mode.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds