Worth the switch from one router to another

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcejsul, Jan 21, 2009.

1. mcejsul

mcejsul Private E-2

Hello,

I currently have a Dell Truemobile 2300 Wireless router 802.11 b/g. I recently was offered a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. Is it worth switching these two routers out. Will it improve my performance?
    One of my resons for considering the switch is I recently bought a Linksys wireless G Booster (Model name escapes me) to "extend" my wirelss strength to the other side of the house. But I could not get it to work. Should a wireless G booster be able to boost a wireless b/g signal?

Sorry if it sounds confusing,
    Mike

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Switching routers probably wont do anything with your internet speed. You could try it, it's not going to hurt anything. If the router you have is old and giving you problems then yeah, switch them out.

Im not familiar with the signal boosters, but yes a wireless G booster should be able to boost your signal.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds