WOT ( web of trust)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nexus_, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

I use this add on my browser since sometimes i find it useful. I wouldn't say its uncommon for some sites that are good and legit to be marked red but for the most part i like display function it shows besides a website or picture.

I have this installed in all my computers however one of them doesn't show the green, yellow, or red icons next to a website when i search it on Google. This is the main feature i like about it and i can't seem to get it working.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it and have the same settings as some of my other computers but yet it won't display those red, green or yellow icons..

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version are all the PCs and especially the one thats not displaying the feature as it should?

What Browsers are you using on these PCs and is the same one using the addon and displaying correctly on some and not on the one in question?

Are all PCs upto date with Windows and updates for browsers if 3rd party is used?
    Do they all have the same security apps and if not list each PC with what Windows version, browser and security apps they have and highlight the none compliant one?

Troubleshooting is never easy and worst still remotely via the web so many questions and answers are needed to find a commonality then the non conformist part that could be the issue.

3. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

I love the web of trust but I also have f-secure safe search which works well with it and advanced systemcare. Every link in the search engine i get 3 cursors to show links containing malware or viruses.

4. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

Some of the pcs i am using have windows vista sp2 (64 bit) , windows 7 professional sp1 ( 32 and 64 bit) , and windows ultimate (64 bit).

The one that isn't displaying the wot icons is the windows 7 ultimate one, i haven't done any windows update on it for about 1 month or a little more, the browser is up to date ( firefox) .

Both firefox and chrome don't display the wot on the windows 7 ultimate desktop . By security apps do you mean the browser ad ons? If so they all have ad block plus, ghostery,and email ad block

5. DavidGP

Hi

By security I mean everything as in antivirus, malware and firewalls?

But as this is only on 1 Win7 PC then disable the browser addons on that PC and check if WOT is blocked still.

On the Win 7 Ult are you the admin and in admin account when installing the WOT addon?

6. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

For security i am using:

Mcafee for firewall, Malwalwarebytes, superantispyware, and hitmanpro

( keep in mind i am using this similar setup on the other pc's that don't have the wot icon loading issue)

I diabled the browser add ons and i still have same issue, and i wouldn't say wot is blocked per say since when i go to a website it still shows on top that the website is ''safe''.

The issues is when i use a search engine like google i don't see the icons like i do on other pcs i have.

The thread i created here
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=290851 , it shows a screenshot of what i get when i search on google. My win 7 ult machine fails to load those green icons next to the websites.

I am the admin in win 7 ult and when i install

7. DavidGP

Hi

Check the settings in WOT HERE and reputation icons next to links as ALWAYS

Check the options HERE

Does Internet Explorer show the icons?

Seems a few folk have this issues in Win 7

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds