Would a new wireless mouse work with old receiver?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by usafveteran, Feb 12, 2011.

1. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I have Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo (LX500) that I've had for several years. If I bought another Logitech wireless mouse, would I most likely need to use a receiver that comes with it or would the mouse work with my current receiver? I guess having two receivers would not be a major issue but just take up some extra desktop space.

I like the mouse that came with the LX500 combo but it has always been a battery killer, i.e. short battery life. It takes two AA batteries. I realized long ago using rechargeable batteries was the way to go with this. Still, not being able to go longer than about two weeks on a set of batteries is a bit of a nuisance.

2. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

If the receivers use the same RF technology, it might be compatible but I doubt it. If not, then they definitely won't be compatible.

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Thanks, I think that gives me a realistic idea of what to expect, which is that another receiver would probably need to be used.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds