Would the Foxconn K7S 741 MB support a 3 gig processor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gameman007, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Gameman007

Gameman007 Private E-2

Hi all,

I have a Foxconn K7S 741 MB and have been trying to find out if this MB would support an AMD 3 gig proceesor. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Bill

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

AMD 3gig cpu?

Could you be more specific with the CPU model.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Your Foxconn model # seems to be incorrect. Is this the one? Socket 462? The Foxconn site is the best place to start so if you find your board there and you're not sure of what you're reading then post the link up. Need more info.;)

4. Gameman007

Gameman007 Private E-2

Hi Augiedoggie,

This is my motherboard http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-MB-FOXCONN-SiS-741-K7S741MG-6L-RT, As you can see with the specs here and the MB manual it doesn't say what speed processors are it's peak. This board is geared for AMD processors. Some of the games I'm interested in lately have been reqiring 2-3 gig processors is this possible with this board> I currently have an AMD Sempron 1.8. I know there's another route to go but I'm not computer savy enough to try it, mainly overclocking the processor (don't know how to get the FB I think to do it). Any thoughts.

Bill

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I was right, it's a socket A(462 pin) and the most one could squeeze in is a single cored 3200+ and discontinued, which is about 1.8GHz?:confused I hope I'm wrong for your sake as I'm no expert but I do run an AMD dual core.:) Besides, with those onboard graphics the game might still suck even with a CPU upgrade. I'd save my money for a new board/CPU/GPU.;)

6. Gameman007

Gameman007 Private E-2

my processor is an AMD Duron 1.8 not sempron.

7. Gameman007

Gameman007 Private E-2

Any possibility of overclocking the processor to at least 2.5?

8. Gameman007

Gameman007 Private E-2

Checking further I found an AMD Sempron 2.5 ghz socket A processor. Would this one work with this MB? Thanks in advance.

Bill

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds