wow Saphire Radeon 9800 pro only $172

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dave5872, May 21, 2004.

1. dave5872

dave5872 Private E-2

I, the NOOB, just bought this card from newegg. Is it as good a deal as it seems? Will I be happy?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-369&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

This is the last component that I ordered for my new system. Here's the rest:

ABIT NF7-S (nforce2) mobo
    Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton core)
    Kingston PC3200 512MB memory
    windows XP home edition
    generic 350W PC case with extra case fan
    western digital 100GB HD w/8MB buffer (bought this before I bought the SATA mobo)
    Lite-on SOHW-812s 8x8 DVD RW dual dvd burner

Can I play the newest games now?

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Good choice. That's the same card that I have. And yes, you will be able to play the newest games. I get at least 60 fps on any game with the details turned all the way up. UT2004, Jedi Academy, Call of Duty, Splinter Cell, etc.

3. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Looks like a nice system, the only thing i would be worried about is the generic power supply, modern hardware like that graphics card are very power hungry, and too many times ive seen cheap PSUs crap out ;)

If you can scrap the money together i would seriosly consider getting something like this

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-909&depa=1

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds