WPA and uninstalling

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rick23, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Rick23

Rick23 Private E-2

I've come here after using my other options. The question is in bold.

A month ago I purchased and received a computer. It was delivered and I went on vacation and came back to find 3 days left on WPA (it did not pop-up on first boot). The key would not work, and I called windows and they asked me to talk to the company I bought it from.

After a few days of e-mails and over 5 phone calls I have not been helped. One thing I've noticed is that my invoice reads Windows XP Home but the CD and key attached to my computer are Professional. I'm not sure if that is the issue, but right now I'd like to uninstall because I'm locked out of windows with this damn WPA popping up.

2. 1101doc

1101doc Private E-2

Take the computer back. Put it on the counter. Don't take no for an answer. Calmly stand there and repeat your demand in an ordinary speaking voice as often as necessary to get satisfaction. It's not your problem-it's theirs. Either get a functioning computer with a CD or your money back. Not "We'll fix it." or "Here's what you can do. "New machine or dollars.
    End of story.

3. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

You purchased a computer from a company with Windows pre-installed and it failed the WGA check. As far as Microsoft is concerned your copy of Windows is counterfeit and it is the responsibility of the company who sold you the computer, to correct the problem.

Right or wrong that is the position Microsoft is taking. There is a problem with Windows Genuine Advantage, sometimes a legit copy of Windows will fail the check. Microsoft has not fixed the issue and shows no signs that it cares. They will happily sell you a license for $139.

Your options are:
    1. Get the company you purchased the computer from to issue you a valid product key for your copy of Windows.
    2. Purchase a new license from Microsoft.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds