WRT54G bridge problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RichRoo, Feb 17, 2013.

1. RichRoo

RichRoo Private E-2

I tried looking into old posts but couldn't find anyone who had this same problem.

I have a WRT54GL ver 1.1 running as our main router and wireless network. I have an older WRT54G ver 6 connected only to provide a few more ethernet ports to use. Recently after a power outage (not sure if this had anything to do with it) it seems that the older router with disabled wireless reset in some sort of way. It is now showing the wireless is enabled (noticed it pop up on the wireless network choices on my phone) and now the ethernet ports do not work. I tried to connecting the old router to my modem to access the settings page but it will not provide a connection (even though the signal is there). The main WRT54GL is still running fine, just having a hard time getting this back to how I had it. Had this setup for about 2 years with no problems until now. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

You will need to connect a wire from a machine to one of the WAN ports on the router. Then log into the router and set it up to disable the wifi and turn off DHCP.

3. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Sorry....I meant one of the LAN ports not WAN ports.

4. RichRoo

RichRoo Private E-2

Got it, was able to login to the second router directly with a laptop and disable wireless and DHCP and also change the IP address. Everything works fine now. Thanks for the help.

5. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Excellent!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds