WSUS problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by tgg6a, Jun 24, 2005.

1. tgg6a

tgg6a Private E-2

I have just installed WSUS following microsoft deployment guide
    but - WSUS reports no client computers attached -
    I have checked GPO - and seems ok & run wuauclt /detectnow and waited 48 hrs - still no clients appear
    Also - when following through the instructions to disable SUS - it does not appear as an option in inetmgr , and WSUS will not restart if changed from 8530 to port 80

Help please

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

What about run>
    gpupdate /force

3. Anon-068c403e2d

I have neve used WSUS but I was reading about it and this is what I think:If the clients are configured for SUS and port 80,then the failure to change wsus to 80 may be causing client blackout.Alternately set client policy to point to this port on your WSUS server.You still need to leave the virtual selfupdate directory on port 80.Also wsus not restarting when you change the port is mysterious.This info was found in their docs:

4. tgg6a

tgg6a Private E-2

following deployment document - - in inetmgr - cannot find SUS to deactivate - even though SUS working fine so far - Can find WSUS but when changed from 8530 to 80 then it says WSUS canot restart as port is already in use
    ?? Still lost

5. tgg6a

tgg6a Private E-2

Tried that several times - and wuauclt detectnow as well - no success

6. Anon-068c403e2d

Can you force sus to stop some otherway.

7. Anon-068c403e2d

NET STOP WUAUSERV
    Try that command,then see if wsus is able to use the port

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds