wth is wrong with my memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JAntelmoBV, Jan 2, 2006.

1. JAntelmoBV

JAntelmoBV Private E-2

Hi guys this is my 3 thread in this day sorry about that lol
    anyways i was chekin my memory n there was this big thing that made me mad with my cpu sell man ....i was suposed to have 256 of memory ram installed but somehow the progrfam i run only can detet about 224 ram .....is there a way i can activate the other32 ram left or missin ................please help im new at this n have pacience with me ...

thank u

oh here is my memory results
    http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/Memory.asp

help!!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

The other 32mb of ram is used by your VIA S3G Unichrome IGP as it is a on board graphic solution it shares its memory ( Ram ) from the system ram.

and can you gain 256mb system ram back, no as then you have no graphics!

Is your PC a laptop? if yes, best bet is to see your sales man and see if another 256mb or more can be fitted.

3. JAntelmoBV

JAntelmoBV Private E-2

its not a laptop is a home fashion computer............

so theres nothin i can do it about it??

4. JAntelmoBV

JAntelmoBV Private E-2

by the way thank u so much for u help halo n im still very very sorry about the illegal downloadin ,,,but thank u really.

5. DavidGP

Yes you can add if the motherboard allows ( need full system specs, including type, model and make of motherboard ) a full graphic card with its own memory, thus freeing up the system ram as it disables the need for the onboard graphics.

or you can add more system ram and if your using windows XP it would be a wise solution to do that anyway as XP doesnt run too good with less that 512mb of system ram, but with onboard GFX, that you leave you with 480mb system ram.

but as its stands now.. no you need the 32mb used to run the graphics card.

no probs, just be carefull, as I said what you think you are downloading may not be what you think it is, and one of the worst things to clear off a pc is spyware/virii/trojans etc.

What you can us is this to see what games you can play on your PC http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx

6. JAntelmoBV

JAntelmoBV Private E-2

ohhh k thnx
    by the way where i get all the information about my system ...im new i varely know how to type also is there a program that can help download the latest drivers for my whole system..

7. DavidGP

I have added a bit to my post above as you were typing your responce,

this program is free and will allow you to find out all about your PC Everest

8. JAntelmoBV

JAntelmoBV Private E-2

i have the bysoftfreeram program too but it been runnin for over 14 hours n it hasnt finished yet is the normal ...also sorry about my english im in mexico lol

9. DavidGP

yes, you must have forgotten about this thread, has all the answers you'll need on that app

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81584

no worries on your english, many who have english as their 1st language dont converse better than you are, your english is fine to me :)

10. JAntelmoBV

JAntelmoBV Private E-2

thank u ok so about this everest i just downloaded now how this program goin to help me?? n thank u sorry about takin all ur time

11. DavidGP

Once installed it, from a variety of menus it can tell you what hardware etc is installed in your PC, it can give you Makers Names, Versions etc of say CPU, Motherboard etc

You will get a fair amount of information by just running the program and clicking Computer > Summary.. it will list all the basic info about your PC.

12. JAntelmoBV

JAntelmoBV Private E-2

13. JAntelmoBV

JAntelmoBV Private E-2

n hank u for evrythin ur guys r amazin for offerin this kind of help

14. DavidGP

sadly that link wont show for us as its linked to your session time on that website after a short time its not accessable,

you may need to run it again and give us a description of the major points of interest?

15. JAntelmoBV

JAntelmoBV Private E-2

16. DavidGP

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds