WYSIWYG Website Creator

Discussion in 'Software' started by kennie, Nov 7, 2014.

1. kennie

kennie Private First Class

Hey Guys;

Hoping someone can help, I'm looking for a webpage creator... I currently use Expressions Web 4 but it seems to be having a little problem now and then while using windows 10... but with the program not being updated in roughly 2 years it's not really much of a surprise as I've heard people having trouble with it when running windows 8.1 as well...

Anyways I'm looking for something cheap, I don't want to spend $200+ on a program. I currently have a website designed just a basic website through EW4. I'm not a coder so I can't sit and work with just the code... Even if I have to recreate my site because the site has templates I think I would be fine with that.

Thanks in advance

Kennie

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. kennie

I don't think there's anything wrong with EW4 ...
    can i possibly use my existing site with the google program ?

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

I prefer notepad++ for all editing of sites. Sometimes I use notepad, or if linux VI to edit a page. All free.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I dunno if you can.

While on the subject, this illustrates why WYSIWYG editors are bad. The question you asked shows that you are 100% reliant on them, and have no understanding of the underlying technology. HTML websites are not compatible to any particular editor. Most web apps aren't either. If sites are reliant on anything, its usually a CMS.

Which is fine, I am not judging or pointing fingers. It is just one reason I don't like them.

Another is that they produce bad code, really, really bad code. It isn't standards compliant, inflexible, and impossible to maintain or upgrade.

6. kennie

I can completely understand and no worries as I'll be the first to admit I don't know anything about the coding half of a website I was taught it in school but I failed that class miserably...

According to EW4 everything seems rather compliant the only two bits of code that aren't are my counter and paypal button.

I also only choose to create my site because I once tried wordpress.com and I find it very limiting, unless you can point me in direction of a free host that'll allow me to do wordpress and let me know what are the best plugins to use to gain traffic ...

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I would run away from Wordpress. It is the most insecure CMS out there.

8. kennie

ok so i have to learn something completely new....

the reason for my preference of having a website program like EW4 is i use free hosting and if the hosting goes down I know I have a hard copy of the site on my pc so i dont have to worry where as anything else I have to back up if it's online...

i looked at the google one and I find it has a rather high learning curve but maybe thats just me

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds