WZC and auto connecting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elite85, Sep 29, 2009.

1. elite85

elite85 Private E-2

I've re-installed windows XP about four times now on my same machine.

When i'm setting up the wireless connection on my machine, I've had two different results. Either it will permenantly auto detect my network connection upon logging in and i'm connected and can start browsing.

However, the other times it won't, and I found I have to go to Run-%SystemRoot%\System32\services.msc" - Wireless Zero Configuration and click "Start". This will then connect me to the internet until I logout or turn off my system.

Does anyone know how I can set it so I don't have to use WZC anymore and it can just auto detect? I know it's capable.

Thanks.

:major

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

I'm not exactly sure what you want so I'll give you 2 options.
    1) If you want to use another wireless connection application, go back to services.msc and right click WZC and choose properties. Under Startup Type choose disabled. This will allow the other app to connect for you.
    2) If you don't want to have to go to services to start the WZC, go to the same Startup Type and choose Automatic.
    In either option, if you have 2 connection apps, you need to disable 1 so there are no conflicts. Also, check your wireless connection properties in either app so the connection is an automatic or always connect when in range.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds