X700 Pro (AGP) pipelines... unlockable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gone2tokyo, Jul 18, 2006.

1. gone2tokyo

gone2tokyo Private E-2

Hey gang!

I was curious about my Radeon x700 Pro and what's available fpr me to do to it. I currently have the core and memory coverclocked quite well, but being that this card has 8 pipes open by default I am curious if I would be able to flash the bios into opening the other 4 or 8. As mentioned above, this is the AGP version with 256 GDDR 3. I have plenty of cooling on the card so heat is not an issue, but I just want to try to squeeze out every last onze of power from this card over the next year until I upgrade my PC. Any help is appreciated.

Randy O.
    P.s. I found tons of flashing utilities and resources to download the bios (mostly I could only find PCIE) but what do you guys think is the best flash utility?

Thanks again!

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

i dunno about ATI cards but check out RivaTuner. Just google "unlocking x700 with rivatuner" or maybe even without the rivatuner part. Its actually quite easy to unlock cards so you shouldnt have a problem if its possible. Id help u myself but its late here, maybe 2morrow X_X

3. gone2tokyo

gone2tokyo Private E-2

Thanks man!
    I googled it but mainly what came up was other posts at forums with the questioneers getting flamed :)
    I will try rivatuner.
    I should have mentioned that I currently use ATITOOL and the Omega Drivers. I thought I would have to flash the BIOS of the card in order to fool it into unlocking those pipes. :)

Thanks again!
    Randy O.

4. gone2tokyo

gone2tokyo Private E-2

Well, Aparently the x700 pro has all pipes (8) currently opened and there are no more to unlock. Thanks for the help again!

Randy O

5. jedandjess

jedandjess Private First Class

How good is your x700 pro in terms of speed? Have you had any problems with framerates on specific games? Also what machine do you have please. Ive never seen one working and have been offered one quite cheap.

Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds