xbox 360 controller on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Senlis, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

I have a big problem with the dead zone on the xbox 360 controller. Whenever the left joystick comes to rest, the game believes I am still moving it to the left and downward.

From what I understand, this is a common problem across multiple operating systems. The common solution seems to be xbcd drivers. This works well on XP and Vista, but as I am using Windows 7, not as much.

Is there any known solution to fix the dead zone problem on Windows 7. Thank you for your help.

2. Mangler091

Mangler091 Private E-2

Unfortunately there isn't a way with the default Microsoft drivers, but with a bit of stuffing around you can get the XBCD Drivers installed.

But in Windows 7...

Have you tried this?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906300

Note: I've not had any problems with my wireless 360 controller in windows 7.

3. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Not too sure about compatability with Win7 but I have had a couple of controllers that just got so grimed up with sweat and dirt etc that the dead zone drift was simply the stick getting stuck. Just a suggestion but make sure it's clean.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds