XBOX 360 disconnects randomly.

Discussion in 'Software' started by BulliteShot, Mar 18, 2010.

1. BulliteShot

BulliteShot Private E-2

odinsraven, i'm having the same problem. This never used to happen!

I'm also a PC gamer. I have no problems with Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer on the PC. Interestingly, Any source-based game (Left 4 dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Garry's Mod, Counter Strike Source) all half-freeze. It's very strange. I can't move, I can't type to talk to players. All i can do is disconnect from the game. It's total b.s. though because I can see other players moving around without any problems. My screen flickers as if i'm stuck in 2 spots.
    I've tried reinstalling my computer from a total format with no avail.

My network is big. And i mean - complex too. There are about 4 wireless bridges, 3 switches and a lynksis router. I can't afford to replace them all to find out this is my ISP.

Going back to the xbox, it's as if the ethernet port is disconnected and reconnected in a millisecond. I would say it's a hardware problem with the xbox, but due to my sudden PC problem, I have to say this is either a network issue or something at your ISP.

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Can you bypass them all to plug the 360 directly into the modem? If that works, you know the problems is somewhere in your network setup.

The more complex, by the way, the more things that can break. Gaming consoles, especially ones that are a few years old, don't have the flexibility and advanced networking features that computers do. There might just be too much in there for the 360 to deal with. Given the age of the source engine, the complexity might contribute in that case as well.

3. BulliteShot

BulliteShot Private E-2

Great idea, i'll do that when I get an opportunity. Thanks!

4. da.bell

da.bell Private First Class

How old is your router? When was the last time you updated the firmware on the router?

5. BulliteShot

BulliteShot Private E-2

I updated the firmware and it fixed everything. Thank you so much :-D

Router: Linksys SPA-3102
    Old Firmware: 3.1.2
    New Firmware: 5.1.10(GW)
    used the firmware updater from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10027/

6. da.bell

da.bell Private First Class

Glad that you got it working. :-D

7. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Nicely done. :highfive

Enjoy the uninterrupted online matches. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds