Xbox 360 Wireless controller with headset on vent?

Discussion in 'Software' started by TrainHeartnet, May 6, 2009.

1. TrainHeartnet

TrainHeartnet Private E-2

Hello, sorry if this is on the wrong topic, but figured it was right since it talks about game items.

my question is, is it possible to use a xbox 360 wireless controller with the headset plugged to it, on my PC to talk on ventrilo? the controller is plugged to the PC via the usb plug n charge , i read somewhere online that it works, how ever i cant get it to work.

when i connected it to the pc i got a pop up to install the drivers for it, and i did, under device manager it reads it as a xbox 360 controller, how ever i cant figure out how to use it to talk on vent. any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. paradoxdream

paradoxdream Private First Class

as far as i know you cant use the charger to use the paddle you need the wireless connector for the PC even though it loads the drivers witch i don't get but this has happed to every one i know including me so if you got that far please tell me how you did it.
    and unless you see a mic in device manager for the 360 paddle i would say its not going to work but thats just my guess

3. TrainHeartnet

TrainHeartnet Private E-2

ah kk thanks was just hoping i didnt need the receiver and i was set, ill just buy a headset with a mic then lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds