XBox to USB = Bane of my existence!

Discussion in 'Software' started by J8son, Oct 19, 2006.

1. J8son

J8son Corporal

I recently purchased an XBox to USB convert that will let me use my XBox controller on PC games. I had a similar adapter for my PS2 controller and never had any issues with it (just plugged it up and I was off and running).

This adapter on the other hands is being a real pain for some reason. I've tried getting support from the company but they offer no support since I didn't buy it directly from them (plus they said it's a Windows driver issues). Which brings me to my good friends here at Major Geeks.

The controller came with a setup.exe file with the drivers, which I installed first. When I plug the controller in it installs two drivers: 1) HID Compliant Game Controller driver and 2) XBCD XBox Gamepad driver. Both are detected and install with no problems.

Then two more detection balloons pop up saying that Windows has detected new hardware. It calls them both "USB Composite Device" but when I try to do the same install procedure no drivers are found.

I've also tried downloading additional drivers and using ones located on the floppy itself and nothing works.

Is there a default Windows XP driver I could use for the "Composite USB Device" hardware?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds