XFX(ATI) Radeon HD 6670 not picking up Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nick.93, Nov 14, 2012.

1. nick.93

nick.93 Private E-2

Hey everyone I could do with a little help here.

I have a XFX(ATI) Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card and I have decided to use my spare monitor as a second, so I plugged it in to the DVI port with a DVI-VGA converter cable and (not to my surprise) the monitor isn't responding.

I have tested the monitor and both work fine in the VGA port on my graphics card, I have also researched the whole DVI-D/I thing and from what I can find my DVI port is DVI-I so in theory a simple converter should work.

Here is some info on my machine:
    Motherboard - AsusM5A 78L-M LV v2
    Graphics Card - XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB

If you need anymore help please ask and thank you in advance.

Also for some reason the AMD Visions Control Center Program that comes with the drivers (and I did update them) IS showing the monitor plugged in but its still not responding.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Welcome to the forum Nick:) Post your operating system.

Can I Also just confirm whether your using this as a secondary monitor or primary monitor and what happens when you connect it in each instance? If using as a primary using the vga to hdmi adapter it most probably a display driver problem or hardware incompatibility,if using as a secondary it's most likely a windows problem and attacking the problem will be slightly different.

3. nick.93

nick.93 Private E-2

Hi Rikky

I have my main monitor plugged into the VGA port of my 6670 and then (in theory) my second in the DVI port, with a DVI to VGA adapter. Since I posted this I have been using the second monitor using my onboard graphics card along side side my 6670. I would prefer them both to be on the same graphics card though.

And my OS is Windows 7 Professional x64

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds