XFX vs EVGA

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kade, Jun 8, 2007.

1. kade

kade Private E-2

i've searched but havent found anything. anyways im looking to get an 8800gts. i heard good things about both these cards. so my question is which one is better?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Comparable. The card is largely the same, but company policies are different.

XFX offers double lifetime warranties, which means you can transfer the warranty to another person if you sell it.

EVGA offers the trade up program where you can trade in your video card and pay only the difference to get an upgraded video card.

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

i like XFX. though i havent had an EVGA card before so i dont have anything to compare it to, XFX generally makes the fastest versions of the card (in this case its the 8800GTS XXX)

i really love EVGA's idea of a step-up program though...very nice for transition systems or when you're on a tight budget

4. cheater1034

cheater1034 Private E-2

I don't like evga because of their warranty :\

I got one of the bad 7900gt ko superclocks from them (out of hundreds of the bad ones distributed), but I bought it brand new from an ebay store (a store not just a person selling it). It turns out it was a step up card and I can't get any replacement from them because they won't accept the ebay invoice (even though it was from an ebay store). I ended up with one of the fixed 7900gt ko superclocks that I got from someone else for a good price.

The reason those cards were bad though is because they shortcutted the ram with some really cheap brand.

I plan on ordering a BFG 8800gts oc today (only $299 at bestbuy, which is surprisingly a better price than most online retailers - and I have $127 in gift cards).

I also had a evga fx5500 which the fan died, and it blew out.

I've only had 3 evga's (including my fixed 7900 that I had to buy myself), 2 of them are bad. And I've never had a card go bad before I bought an EVGA. I used to buy strictly PNY's before I went to evga (I had a PNY mx440,a PNY ti4600, and a PNY 6800gt --- they were all still running strong, and still are running strong - my friend is using the 6800gt I sold it to him) I only went to evga because they were American based and cheaper and have the step up.

I know people with XFX (6600gt), BFG (7800gtx, 6800), PNY (6800gt and a 6600gt), and visiontek (ti4600). All of these cards I know of still work and are running strong, I wouldn't get evga if I were you, even if it is a few more $$$

5. kade

kade Private E-2

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2824835&CatId=2514

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2824836&CatId=2514

another question i have is what is the difference between these two cards? they appear to be practically the same yet the price difference is huge. im thinking i will go with xfx, but im new to this whole computer stuff and am trying to learn as much as possible, and i really dont see why there is a price difference like that on the same brand of card with a different title.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds