XO Laptop. can't connect to home network Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by sapo, Nov 22, 2008.

1. sapo

sapo Private E-2

I just got an one laptop per child XO and I have a Verizon dsl .
    I can log on to someone elses wireless network but for some reason can't access my own .
    Can anyone help me connect onto my westell Versalink model 327w router?
    The peolpe at Verizon were lost. So am I.
    Thanks.

2. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Check your wireless router firewall settings. I have a neighbor with a Linksys open full and I have set mine to only enable for MAC specific machines. I had to turn my firewall off when I was playing with puppy linux last week. It connected fine.

3. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Check your wireless router firewall settings. I have a neighbor with a Linksys open full and I have set mine to only enable for MAC specific machines. I had to turn my firewall off when I was playing with puppy linux last week. It connected fine.

Remember turn on the network in this order.

Turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes.

Turn on router and wait 2 minutes.

Turn on computer and you should connect.

4. sapo

sapo Private E-2

Finally got it to work.The people at Verizon weren't too much of a help.

Set the wireless to channel 9 changed my password to 26 numbers. Then On the XO where it asked for passphrase I clicked on where it said 128 bit 40 Hexagonal something entered the 26 numbers and voila, it worked.
    Boy that was tough.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds