XP and administrator option when gaming

Discussion in 'Software' started by Deb, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Deb

Deb Private E-2

My son can't play his Motocross Madness 2 or Vietnam Med+Evac games on his profile. We did not give him administrator rights so the only way his game will play fully is to use my profile. I don't want him in my area of the computer. Any ideas?

Thanks from Wally World!

Eat desert first, life is too short!......Deb

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

You might try:
    1) logon with the admin account
    2) uninstall both games
    3) grant admin rights to your son
    4) logon with your sons acct
    5) reinstall both games full, all upgrades
    6) check with his account that they work
    7) put his rights back to where you had them

After about five games I bought wifey and son their own computers. It is more $$, but less worry they will trash my stuff. Now I just worry about ME trashing my stuff.

3. Deb

Deb Private E-2

thanks

I will try it. DOA refers to dead on arrival or is it some other twist? I love your picture. Deb

4. Deb

Deb Private E-2

name

Oh I just read your signature. I get it.

5. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

If your in widnows XP, you can right click on thge icon, go to porperties, short cut <if its a short cut> advantaced. then Run with diferent credentials.
    Run game as admin

6. Deb

Deb Private E-2

I tried it but it would not let lme change the advanced stuff. For instance I right clicked the icon on my desktop, went to properties and noticed it said target E which is my CD drive and under shortcut key it said none. I clicked on the advanced button and that page was not in bold therefore I could not change any of the advanced properties. Now what?:( :( :( :( :(

7. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Cant he just install it when he is logged into his account?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds