XP boots to fast to read warning

Discussion in 'Software' started by OHIO GIRL, Oct 30, 2008.

1. OHIO GIRL

OHIO GIRL Private E-2

:-oJust built a new system. Nothing fancy. MSI mATX board, 512 ram, 80 gig HD. It went together well and boots just fine, but part way through the boot I can see WARNING! ....... There is a short message after that but it boots to fast to read. I have booted numerous time in attempt to hit the pause key at just the right time, but I keep missing it.

Is there a way to slow it down or boot by line item so I can see this message?

Thanks all, Ohio Girl

2. Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin Private First Class

well if it can boot up normal and run normaly i don't see why that error would matter

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

I am assuming this message appears after Windws starts booting and is not a BIOS message?

So First check your BIOS
    Second look in device manager and make sure there are no problem alerts with the hardware.
    Third boot using the boot options screen by tapping F8 before and as Windows boots.

Choose 'enable bootlogging'

When Windows has booted read the log file c:\ntbtlog.txt

If you have a spare weekend it is also possible to set Windows to stop and ask at every stage of its boot.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds