XP disaster recovery - best software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bill Cooper, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Bill Cooper

Bill Cooper Private E-2

I recently bought a new laptop running XP Home. It literally took 4 days of full time work to get all my software applications loaded and set up the way I like it. The thought of having to do it all again after some kind of disaster fills me with dread! In an ideal World I would like to use my home LAN to create a copy of the entire machine and all its settings on one of my other machines so that recovery (to a new machine in the worst case) could be done with minimum fuss. I already make regular backups of all my data files but that is not what I am trying to achieve now. Any suggestions from the experts out there welcome.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds