Xp hangs/freezes

Discussion in 'Software' started by cooloneo, Jul 4, 2008.

1. cooloneo

cooloneo Private E-2

Hi everyone... please help me I have XP pro and My PC hangs in normal mode, but in safe mode it is fine. In normal mode I am able to play games but in case if I start working on any application like office or even internet my system freezes. please help me

2. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

have you tried to do a scan disc you can do this by going to my computer then right click on you local c drive then left click on properties then click on tools then click on error-check in the box check both find and fix errors hit ok you will be ask to schedule on your next startup hit yes and reboot your computer this scan may take some time to do pending on the size of your drive

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Freezing OSes can be a devil to find the cause so doing some Basic computer maintenance everyone should do and the below is a start.

Then check that you're security software is running to rule of thumb in that only have 1 Antivirus, Firewall and Antispyware application running resident/in background at once.

Please do tell us all the security softwares names you have installed.

Check the error logs for anything listed around the time of a hang ( Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and likely in Application or System logs )

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds