XP has turned display 90 degrees clockwise !!

Discussion in 'Software' started by nazikiller, Dec 31, 2005.

1. nazikiller

nazikiller Private E-2

When I power up my NEC 5210 notebook the Windows log in screen flips on its side.The usual booting-up screens are OK but when it gets to the bit where the list of users is displayed,this is on its side.

It's a new machine which hasn't even been connected to the web or any other device yet.

I don't think I've changed any settings,not deliberately anyway.I was on the Media Player help page when it first happened.

I've tried to re-boot but this doesn't work.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks John.

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Right click anywhere on the desktop then select properties>settings>advanced you may well have a tab there called rotation (I have) set that correctly as I suspect that has been changed somehow. :eek:

3. nazikiller

nazikiller Private E-2

Done that and all is back to normal.Thanks.

I don't know how it happened but ho,hum....
    I can now try to get rid of the crick in my neck from all that leaning over....I know,a new years eve beer-fest.All the best.:) :)

4. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Glad to see you're back to normal. :cool: :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds