XP & IE9 NEED Adobe flash player 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by janland, Apr 26, 2014.

1. janland

janland Private E-2

HELLO-

I'VE READ ALL THE WARNINGS ABOUT XP- THANKS FOR ALL OF THE USEFUL INFO.

I WANT TO MAINTAIN THIS DELL VOSTRO 1500 XP AS A BACK-UP...JUST SPENT 8 DAYS IN HELL WHEN HELL BROKE LOOSE ON WIN7 APR 8TH...ALL FIXED NOW.

I NEED ADOBE 10 FOR MY XP IE9.. THE ADOBE SUPPORT SEEMS LIKE IT DOESN'T REALLY WANT TO GIVE UP THIS ARCHIVED VERSION. I AM LOOKING FOR A SAFE DOWNLOAD SITE- ANY IDEAS?? THANKS ALL

JAN
    :p

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

For one thing, XP runs IE8 and won't run IE9. That requires Vista or later. As far as Adobe, run the latest version for security reasons. Earlier versions aren't supported by Adobe because of security issues that arose.

4. janland

janland Private E-2

PLO Dr thanks for helping- I am sorry but I do have IE8 on the dammed XP... I think, I know I downloaded adobe flash 13. but I think there was a problem. Your detailed note to me with the many links talks about Reader- I'm ok there I just need flash to view videos when I need to use the XP...

5. mdonah

Download and run Flash Player Uninstaller and then download and install the latest stable version of Flash Player Active X for IE right here at Major Geeks.

6. janland

janland Private E-2

THANK YOU MCDONAH! I WILL INSTALL FROM MAJOR GEEKS! PERFECT...:cool

7. plodr

8. janland

janland Private E-2

Hi PLODR.. thanks again for responding..and the good advice about driver issues for iIE 6-11.. whoa did not know. what browser would u use if you didn't want to live dangerously and use IE???:wave

9. plodr

Firefox or Chrome

10. mdonah

If you MUST work with IE for some reason, you can download and install Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) version 4.1. It supports XP SP3 and later.

What plodr was mentioning is not a driver but, a "drive by" exploit as in "drive by shooting".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds