Xp loads from restart, but not from shutdown

Discussion in 'Software' started by pepsipaul, Feb 8, 2011.

1. pepsipaul

pepsipaul Private E-2

I shutdown the computer and turn it back on, windows xp is loading, but then goes to black screen and just stays there. If I boot to one of those recovery/testing/partion disks and ctl+alt+delete to get out of it, it restarts (without shutting down power and turning back on) and loads windows xp just fine.

When I'm in windows, I can do a restart and it boots right back up fine. If I shut down, it starts to load and gives me that black screen again.

Weird issue. Any ideas or someone encounter the same situation?

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Check PSU

3. pepsipaul

pepsipaul Private E-2

One of the 5 hard drives was dead. Not sure why it wouldn't boot from cold start, but would start from a restart. Oh well, at least it's working properly now!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds