XP logging users into a nonexistant domain

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twinmms, Oct 20, 2011.

1. twinmms

twinmms Private E-2

Not sure if this is in the best forum, but I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. When certain users log in to our domain, they are being routed to a different user profile. For example, a user called Astir logs in to the domain CFCHFIN as usual, but all of the settings that are used once he logs in are actually in the Astir.CServe profile. I can move all of the necessary files to the correct profile, but even after deleting Astir.CServe from the users list, I cannot delete the Astir.CServe profile. It says ~ Astir.CServe is a Windows system file and is required for Windows to work properly. It cannot be deleted.

What's going on here and how do I fix it?

2. LordOlives

LordOlives Private First Class

Is CFCHFIN a new domain? It is possible Astir.CServe is a cached profile that is being loaded because it cannot find the CServe domain. Are you sure the user is being authenticated by an active domain controller?

Which profile is the correct profile?

Were you logged on as Astir when you tried to delete the profile. How are you deleting the profiles? I would recommend using the User Profiles window. System Properties > (user profiles) Settings. You did not specify which OS the server and clients were running so the User Profiles option may be different.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds