XP Mobo drivers for emachine t5230

Discussion in 'Software' started by btamxx, May 1, 2008.

1. btamxx

btamxx Private E-2

I just purchased a emachine T5230 with a FIC K2MCP61P mobo. It came with Vista and I don't like Vista so I installed XP Pro. Several MOBO drivers are missing. Here is the list from the device manager:

-Other PCI Bridge Device.
    -PCI Device
    -SM Bus Controller
    -Video controller (VGA Compatible).

It won't read USB drives and the etherenet hardware won't even show up, so I contacted emachine. They politely informed me that they do not support systems with a different opsys than what was shipped with it. So I checkedthe gateway site on the advice of emachine tek support. Still no glory.

ALL updates from microsoft have been installed.

The following information was collected from Belarc Advisor. I hope it is enough to help find asolution. I really don't want to go BACKwards to Vista. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bill

Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) EMACHINES T5230
    System Serial Number: CC175 100 02244
    Enclosure Type: Desktop
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    2.30 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: First International Computer, Inc. K2MCP61P PCB 1.x
    Serial Number: C7E7406459
    Bus Clock: 201 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 04/27/2007
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    250.06 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    244.67 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652D [CD-ROM drive]

Generic USB CF Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
    Generic USB MS Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4
    Generic USB SD Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
    Generic USB SM Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3
    SanDisk USB 2. 0 Flash USB Device (1099.51 GB) -- drive 5
    WDC WD2500JS-22NCB1 [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 0 896 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 512 MB
    Slot 'A1' has 512 MB
    Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 104.86 GB 99.54 GB free
    i: (NTFS on drive 0) 145.20 GB 145.13 GB free

Network Drives
    None detected
    Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
    local user accounts last logon
    Bill Thames 5/1/2008 12:24:50 PM (admin)
    local system accounts
    Administrator never (admin)
    ASPNET never
    Guest 5/1/2008 1:35:04 PM
    HelpAssistant never
    SUPPORT_388945a0 never

Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort:

Controllers Display
    Primary IDE Channel [Controller] (3x)
    Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] (3x)
    Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller (3x) None detected
    Bus Adapters Multimedia
    Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller None detected
    Communications Other Devices
    PCI Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-G132 Wireless USB Adapter(rev.A)
    primary Auto IP Address: 192.168.0.101 / 24
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    Dhcp Server: 192.168.0.1
    Physical Address: 00:11:95:D9:10:BB

Networking Dns Server: 192.168.0.1
    Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    USB Mass Storage Device (2x)
    USB Root Hub (2x)
    Virus Protection [Back to Top]
    No details available
    Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes [Back to Top]

All required security hotfixes (using the 04/08/2008 Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary) have been installed.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It has an NVidia chipset: so use this http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_8.26_11.09.html
    That should cover the LAN, chipset, and video. I think it uses RealTek HD Audio, so this should work: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_2KXP03_d4902.html One of the PCI Devices listed in your post is probably the modem. Without having some more details, I can't really provide a driver for it. Try the Vista driver from the EMachine web site (here http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T-Series&model=T5230) You'll probably have to extract the driver using TUGZip or 7zip or WinRAR or something, then install the driver through the device manager/hardware wizard. If that doesn't work, download and run Unknown Devices (here http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3908.html) it should reveal enough info about the modem (and any other devices) to make finding a driver easy. Or just post the info here and we'll do what we can.

Good luck!
    [dlb]

EDIT- the modem is a Conexant SmartCP modem. These can be a major PAIN to install, so try the Vista driver as suggested earlier. If that doesn't work, try one of these generic Conexant drivers http://www.conexant.com/support/md_winxpinfo.html (there's a download link about two-thirds of the way down; you can also try the 'modem drive assisstance' link at the top). If none of those work, post the info from Unknown Devices (or unplug the PC, open the case, and pull the modem and note the chipset numbers and any model numbers).

3. Joshroxsocks

Joshroxsocks Private E-2

I had you're exact same problem with a friends computer. He needed to have XP sp2 to support his recording interface. If you go to http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T-Series&model=T5230 and scroll all the way down in the downloads section, it has all the drivers that you need for XP instead of vista. I missed it the first time around and ended up essentially running around like a chicken with it's head cut off searching the internet for answers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds