XP plays exclamation.wav randomly

Discussion in 'Software' started by Razor72, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razor72

Razor72 Private E-2

This has me stumped. My PC plays the exclamation.wav at random times and its driving me nuts. it started doing this 3 days ago. With FileMon I can see that its the winlogon.exe that's accessing the exclamation.wav file, but why is it doing this? I have scanned my pc with Trend Micro PC Cillen, and have done online scans from Panda and BitDeffender, they come up with nothing, I also scanned with SpyWare Doctor and AdAware and everything seems clean. Can someone please help me?

Asus A8N32-SLI DELUXE mobo
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ cpu
    2GB Corsair XMS Twinx PC3200 ram
    BFG GeForce 7800GTX OC PCI-E 256MB video card
    2 x 160GB Seagate Barracuda hard drives

2. FirstLine

FirstLine Private E-2

Hello Razor72. FirstLine here... Have you found an answer to why your systems is randomly playing the exclamation.wav?

3. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

FirstLine,

I had no idea of why you wanted the link to this thread! The original poster hasn't been on this forum for almost a year. If you have the same problem, it is always better to start your own thread and not bring up ones from the past! Hope this helps!:)

4. FirstLine

FirstLine Private E-2

Hello NOVICE,

What do you care if a question is one year or five years old? What business is it of yours? Do you know the answer to the question? If not, then, maybe, you should keep your opinions to yourself, unless, you have the correct answer or have something positive to say.

Who knows, maybe YOU will learn something (Then you can call yourself an expert) !!!!

With all due respect…

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Novice is only trying to help you follow the forum rules. It would be best if you started your "own" thread. ;)

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds