XP Pro box booting to a specific user?

Discussion in 'Software' started by prowler13, Dec 20, 2013.

1. prowler13

prowler13 Private E-2

Not sure what is going on, but I have an XP Pro box here at work that when rebooted by automatic updates or any reboot, boots to a specific generic user name on our network. This user name is basically for a machine running embedded XP that is connected to the network to pull job files for manufacturing parts. I have this machine locked out of internet access through the ISA Firewall policy.

The XP Pro box is our engineering dept. that creates the programs for the machine to run which are then saved on the server. Problem started about 3 weeks ago and it is driving me crazy trying to figure it out. It first started just continually re-booting with out ever getting to the log on screen. I got by that by trial and error, finally booting to "Last Known Good" which still automatically logged the generic user on w/o the log on screen ever showing up. From there i can indeed log off and back on as any user.

I logged on as Administrator and have run all of the required scans and tools and submitted them in the Malware Forum where Kestrel13 tells me they are clean.
    Any help is appreciated.

Tom

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds