XP pro on AMD laptop seizing up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by muymalestado, Jun 14, 2007.

1. muymalestado

muymalestado Private First Class

Is there any history of why a 1 yr old AMD machine should start to reboot itself without warning?

Updates all done monthly
    virus scanned regularly (AVG)
    malware scan shows nothing (AdAware)
    router performs firewall
    fan seems to come on & off to keep it all cool
    defrag done monthly, or so

Many thanks for ideas.

2. JJJIrish05

JJJIrish05 Sergeant

im just going to guess that you did absolutely no research before you posted this thread? Because the one that right now is currently right underneath this one is dealing with something like that..... so next time do a little research before you post double stuff.....

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129041

3. muymalestado

muymalestado Private First Class

JJJIrish05 wrote:
    im just going to guess that you did absolutely no research before you posted this thread?

Well not no research but you sure got my face burning RED. I did searches and must have used all the wrong keywords. I do back your main message - to research first and shoot later.

And, thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds