xp pro sp3 HP doesn't show in add\remove

Discussion in 'Software' started by gaskibba, Apr 22, 2011.

1. gaskibba

gaskibba Private E-2

Hi, didn't know where to post this. I downloaded Revo uninstaller freeware and used it to remove all the HP stuff on my system. After doing that I found that it, the HP stuff, doesn't show on my add\remove but it still installed on my system. I was uninstalling with the idea of a minimal version reinstall.
    Any advise appreciated.
    Thanks
    G

2. samtal

samtal Corporal

3. gaskibba

gaskibba Private E-2

Hi, checked in CC but HP doesn't show there either. I looked thru C:\ and found various HP product files but I'm reluctant to touch them as doing that wouldn't touch the registry files. When I tried reinstalling the printer using a download from HP. After extracting the files I got the message that it was already installed. Ran the installer again and selected uninstall. But after the required restart the printer still was functional and no HP stuff was showing on the add-remove page in control pattern. Running the installer again showed the message about it being already installed.

4. 3663

3663 Private E-2

try using "Your Uninstaller Pro" just search it on google. Its not freeware but you get a 21day Trial. It is very good at uninstalling stubborn programs. Helped me uninstall a corrupt version of Nero from my system which even the "nerofix" could not uninstall. I should mention that the nero was not listed on the Add/Remove programs list on windows or In CCleaner, but the files were still installed with Reg entries on the HDD.
    Hope it can help you.

5. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

(MG): Your Uninstaller

Home Page: Your Uninstaller

6. gaskibba

gaskibba Private E-2

Tried running Your Uninstaller Pro but it couldn't find the HP files to delete. So I uninstalled it after sending a note to the developers.

7. gaskibba

gaskibba Private E-2

Note after running your uninstaller pro found that the windows installer service wasn't starting properly. Does that program remove the dependency from windows installer. It should have one dependency, the RPC service. How do I add that back. Right now f I want to install something I have to go into services and start it manually.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds