XP Pro won't boot even to keyboard, etc.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Frosty, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Frosty

Frosty Private E-2

On an old XP Pro I deleted an old vs. of Roxio Creator, I think it was vs. 7, and now can't boot windows. Can't select anything like Safe Mode, etc. because no way to select. No keyboard or mouse working. They were working before this uninstall except there was a flash on the screen saying keyboard failure--but it was continuing to boot and keyboard was working.
    I have a Windows XP Pro orig. disc but put it in the CD drive and nothing. Tried hitting F8 when the screen first comes on didn't work. It just boots to the choose boot method screen and a keyboard failure screen comes on and says hit Exit---can't no arrows or mouse! then it goes into the loop. This is a Dell w/Pentium 4 with a small HD bought 2003 I think. Should I throw it out? Or is there a way to get Windows repaired?

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

3. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

If you keep hitting the f8 key or the f12 key too quickly before the BIOS completely loads you can get the keyboard error message. Did you try another keyboard?

4. Frosty

Frosty Private E-2

:)Thanks guys! We got another keyboard, got the CD, mouse etc. working and reinstalled windows. I'll never know what it was about the Roxio uninstall that cashed the whole thing. :confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds