xp reformat - missing drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edbo20, Jan 17, 2010.

1. edbo20

edbo20 Corporal

i have dell optiplex gx620 w/ service tag # 1z5t891

i reformatted xp and came up with missing drivers. The Device Mgr show yellow ? marks in "other devices" for Ethernet Contoller, Multimedia Audio Controller, SM Bus Contoller, Video Controller, Video Controller (VGA Compatible). I cannot connect to the internet.

I went to dell suppot to find the drivers. I think I found them, but cannot figure out how to download them to a usb memory stick.

When I hit the download button, it asks me if I want to install, and I am scared to press install. I want to save it it to the stick. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Should get an option to "Save", then browse to the location of your USB device.

3. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

From this page you should be able to download and save the desired drivers to where ever you want.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds