XP REINSTALL now won't boot up at all

Discussion in 'Software' started by ausgronk, Jun 3, 2006.

1. ausgronk

ausgronk Private E-2

Hi, I did a format/partition and clean install of xp pro last night went thru the whole process and had a good reinstall, (or at least I thought so) and now this morning I go to startup the computer and I am getting nothing ! It seems to attempt to start and then just Zip ,nothing!
    Any ideas would be appreciated !
    Steve

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Was there an issue that was going on that caused you to reinstall?
    How much ram do you have ...have you checked it? ..where does the load process stop ....and were you completely installed that previous night - up and running?

3. ausgronk

ausgronk Private E-2

Hi TimW,I wanted to reinstall just to have a clean fresh install system on the pc.Yes I had gotten windows to reboot and be ready to go.The load up process stops after the pc recoginises the dvd & cd drives and then just stops with no images on the screen at all.I can't remember how much ram this pc has but I think it is 512 ?
    Steve

4. TimW

What happens if you try to get into safe mode?? (F8) ....or into the bios ...?

5. ausgronk

ausgronk Private E-2

I have tryed that and I can't get it to go to bios or safe mode

6. TimW

Puzzler ....do a "repair" install ...boot from the cd ....enter to install ...f8 at agreement and when/if it finds the preexisting copy of xp, choose repair (R) ....
    Post back ...if this doesn't work, you may be looking at just bad ram, or faulty cpu ....oh my!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds