XP Remote Assistance behind router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mancorn, Jul 12, 2004.

1. mancorn

mancorn Private E-2

I am trying to connect to a client with XP's Remote Assistance. They are using a Linksys router. I had then go in and forward port 3389 to their computers internal ip addresses (192.168.10 thru 192.168.14). They're not using XP internal firewall and they have their McAfee firewalls disabled. Yet I still can not get through. I get the old

"Remote Assistance connection could not be established because the remote host name could not be resolved."

Any ideas?

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

You can open a specific port only to one computer (one IP).

If you want to support few computers you need to change the RD ports so it would be different for each computer.

Take a look at this page it is for Remote Control via VNC but the general idea of supporting few computers is similar.

LLink to: Ultr@VNC - Installation, and Settings.

:cool:

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds