XP sp2. Can't get ANY updates, or access Fixit.

Discussion in 'Software' started by rabhrab, May 13, 2014.

1. rabhrab

rabhrab Private E-2

Hi all from Bonnie Scotland!:wave
    I have had to do a clean reinstall of XP sp2, and now obviously want to update as much as possible (sp3, etc.). I had sp3 and all automatic security updates installed before my re-installation but obviously these have now gone. I have had a search through existing posts, but they all seem to refer to problems with more modern os. Can anyone point me in the right direction?:-o

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

You can go to this page to download the SP3 installation file. All of the previous updates for XP should still be available including the emergency patch for IE 6 — 11 that was released shortly after XP support ended.

Something you may want to look into as far as XP updates is wsus offline update version 9.2.1. This is the last version with support for Legacy Products like Windows XP.

3. rabhrab

rabhrab Private E-2

Thanks a bunch! All done and dusted now thanks to your help! Very much appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds