xp takes 40 mins to load and 15 per mouse click ,can anyone advise.

Discussion in 'Software' started by dirk_7, Mar 2, 2012.

1. dirk_7

dirk_7 Private E-2

Hello : ) my computer has slowed down to a inoperable rate after getting "security shield" virus . It literally takes up to a hour to boot up and clicking on a Icon takes around 15 minutes to get a response if at all. I had previously put a code I found on a website about getting rid of the virus into the security shield panel , which seemed to fix it for a while and was very useful , but then later it went to the state its in now . I cannot use the internet to download a registry cleaner or anti virus software as its unresponsive , its the same in safe mode also . So I just wondered if anybody might be able to advise me on any possible route I could pursue to enable me to some how make it function enough to be able to access the internet and rid myself of the virus . Its on windows xp on a packard bell tower , AMD Athlon 64 , 40 gb . I know it all sound pretty crummy but it was working fine before. Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I don't have the ££s to pay for it to get fixed , don't worry I won't get the violin out . . It needs new strings...I carnt afford them either. Honk honk
    Many thank

2. Ewen

Ewen Corporal

Re-install or use Safe Mode to reload to a time when the system was working properly!

3. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Head over to the Malware Removal Forum. Read this stick post. Also this guideline. Then create a thread and attach your logs.

Hopefully they will be able to clean your infection.

4. dirk_7

dirk_7 Private E-2

I tried returning to a previous state but unfortunately that hasn't worked and alas I do not have a installer cd , but thanks for the advise non the less : )
    I'll try the malware furum out.

5. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

6. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, dirk_7, and welcome to MajorGeeks...

I would strongly advise against loading any other programs before going through the Malware Forum's recommended procedures - no sense muddying the waters. Follow the steps listed as precisely as possible - the experts there use tested methods for determining your problems...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds