XP TaskMgr

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grizzly660, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Grizzly660

Grizzly660 Private E-2

Hey guys,

Have a wierd problem. I can't access the TaskMgr from Xp. :rolleyes: I push ctrl-alt-del, and the only thing that comes up is the user list, no programs, or tasks list.

Any idea?

As far as I know the comp is clean of spyware, and it works fine on the other users...

Whats up?

-Jared

2. Grizzly660

Grizzly660 Private E-2

BTT

Anyone have an idea? I have full admin capabilities...

-Jared

3. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

Does it look like this? Click on the tab at the top that says "Processes" If the tabs don't exist, I'm stumped. Let us know....

Attached Files:

4. Grizzly660

Grizzly660 Private E-2

Nope,

All I see is users, no menu, no tabs, no nothing... Its really odd, the only way I can close it is if I right click on the icon in the system tray.

-Jared

5. Sung715

Sung715 Private E-2

hmm thats really strange... i dont think its spyware or virus though.... and it works fine on other users.... i suggest maybe backing up everything in that user documents and delete it, then create a new one, see if it works.. because you said that other users it works fine, unless theres a reason you need that user active then it should work, let me know how it works out.

6. logear

logear Private E-2

I reinstalled Windows2000 because of this -live and learn. To fix it-double click next to or below the buttons along the bottom (Disconnect & Logoff). To return it to this state, double click there again. Post back so we know the results.

7. Grizzly660

Grizzly660 Private E-2

Logear you rock!

Worked like a charm, thats kind of a stupid feature, eh?

Thanks a ton man!

-Jared

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds