XP Themes + Taskbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by swalsh19, Apr 19, 2007.

1. swalsh19

swalsh19 Private First Class

My system has defaulted the taskbar to the Windows98 style. I would like to get it back to the normal XP look.

I have tried loading many Themes with. They all seem to load fine but the taskbar fails to change. I have checked the services running and the themes service is running. Also I have checked the system properties/Advanced tab and I have everything set properly.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be forcing the taskbar into classic mode?

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Have you tried going to Control Panel>Display and clicking the Appearence tab? Under windows and appearence you can change from Xp to Classic and back

3. swalsh19

swalsh19 Private First Class

The Windows XP style does NOT appear all I have there currently is Windows Classic Mode.

Where can I get the default Windows XP Style from? I have looked without success. From some readings it apeears that you can't delete the default XP style theme, but I can prove that wrong as it is not on my system.

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Sorry no help here, I'll pass this off to someone with more smarts.

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Go to this page, http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

One of these should help, probably the Restore Luna Theme

187. Restore Themes Functionality

187. Right hand side Restore Luna Theme

214. Right hand side Windows XP Style Changes to Windows Classic

271. Stuck in Classic View? Undo Now

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds