Xp Updater So A Exfat Hdd Can Be Viewed

Discussion in 'Software' started by meangreen, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meangreen

meangreen Private E-2

Hi Folks I'm new here and i was told you can help me. I'm still running Windows XP and i just did a network in my house and i have a couple of HDD that is formatted with exfat. (the movies that i got on them from a friend that has an apple so it needed to be exfat}.

I read on line that a simple upgrade from Microsoft would fix the problem but as you know xp is no longer supported. The update that i need is KB955704. I read that is the update that win Xp will read a exfat HDD. i have searched for hours and can not find that update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks Harald

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. meangreen

meangreen Private E-2

Thanks plodr,i was hoping someone might have something on there computer ,or on a website that it could be downloaded. I remember when i upgraded to sp2 all Microsoft updates where discontinued but this one site had it. But i forgot the site. i know MG has the updates and i just updated to sp4 but i don't think it fully installed. I hope someone else will chime in to give me other news. Thanks for your help anyways

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

5. meangreen

meangreen Private E-2

Hi Eldon thanks for the website but i was there already and all the downloads are from microsoft. And as we know microsoft no longer supports XP. That is the reason i came to Mayor Geeks to see if you would have that update.
    Thanks

6. meangreen

meangreen Private E-2

News. I updated to sp4 from Mayor Geeks but that did not do the job. But because the update has the hacker fix for windows i could download more updates from Microsoft. After downloading all updates from Microsoft the video card screwed up and i could barely see the screen. So i uninstalled the programs from Microsoft and i went to bed . This morning i am not sure what happened but the computer would not boot and the monitor would not turn on. I reset the computer via the small button on the front and it started. I checked my e-mail and replied to Eldon. Next i checked if my exfat hard drive was visable to the computer and it is..
    So i am not sure what happened but yesterday it would not see it even after i rebooted the computer.

Thanks for the help guys

7. Eldon

I'm confused.
    Clicking on the first link in post #4 downloads the update.
    It has nothing to do with Windows XP no longer being supported by Microsoft.

8. plodr

Eldon, clicking on this
    Alternatively, directly download the WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-ENU.exe from Microsoft server.
    or going here
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/windo...system-driver-support-kb955704-free-download/
    and clicking on this link
    For Windows XP users, exFAT support (or driver to mount a hard disk drive with exFAT filesystem) can be added to Windows XP with KB955704 hotfix.
    or clicking on the download link from the re-direct either gives an error or
    or
    There is no download, at least for a US user, just error messages or the page you requested cannot be found.

9. Eldon

Ok.
    I didn't actually download the file.
    I just tried and got a message "WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-ENU_exe couldn't be downloaded."
    Sorry about that. :oops:

10. meangreen

meangreen Private E-2

thanks Eldon but u got it now,file not found shows up when clicking on the links. Plodr you are right about no file available. But what i did last night worked as my windoes sees the exfat drive now...all right time to watch movies

11. walt johns

walt johns Private E-2

Hello,
    I was in the same situation as other people, because I wanted exfat support, but microsoft stopped offering it online. I went to a local computer repair shop, and got the file and checksum downloaded. Because these files were so hard to find, and also because Christ led me to the solution. I am going to upload the files here.

Matthew 6:33
    Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Attached Files:

Kowa1 likes this.
  12. LongLiveXP

LongLiveXP Private E-2

Thank you for sharing that file. There are so few Christians in the computer science fields. Not long ago M$ changed their robots.txt so that archive.org no longer can be used to obtain the file. I downloaded all the updates for XP and put them on a DVD because I know they're killing XP and now Vista too. You can always use Windows XP Black Edition if you need a professionally enhanced XP which of course has ExFAT added to it. I scanned the file on virussscan.jotti.org and the file is recognized since 2012.

13. Eldon

The above is a pirated version of Windows XP.

14. LongLiveXP

LongLiveXP Private E-2

And the file being shared here may be a pirated file. I don't have time to read the entire license.

15. locodave

locodave Corporal

16. LongLiveXP

LongLiveXP Private E-2

No that's XP 64-bit (and 2k3 64). They removed the XP32 download but left all the others. This why the file shared here is so precious.

17. locodave

locodave Corporal

I have a XP 32 bit computer. Up and running. Do you think it might have the file on it? I can fire it up and do a search. If it was a download, I don't remember doing it. If so, save to a USB.

Included? I also have a few XP disks. Would any of them ( versions have it? ) IE, put the disk in my C/D and do a search. As long as inserting the disk, the dang thing would not try to install 95 on mine-> ;).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  18. locodave

locodave Corporal

On the one I have up and running. What file would I search for.

19. LongLiveXP

LongLiveXP Private E-2

This hotfix adds ExFAT support by adding exfat.sys, a new format.com, user32.dll and a couple others. The files are from 2008 so they wouldn't be on any vanilla Windows CD. I don't know if MS pushed this hotfix through Windows update or not. Currently they do not.

20. plodr

Eldon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds