XP x64 BSOD erros 2E067F and 3B

Discussion in 'Software' started by fordmodelb, Apr 15, 2008.

1. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

I am getting 2 to 3 BSOD crashes per day and I can't seem to get to the bottom of it. I have started to use Dbgview.exe to record processes and just caught one tonight(see dbgviewcrash041408.log). I have also used windbg to interprete the minidumps. I am just not able to get anything out of the results. I have uploaded the file mentioned plus the minidumps and interpretations of the minidumps for today's crashes. The errors were 2E067F and 3B respectively. The dbgviewcrash041408.log is for the first crash.

The problem has been going on for a while and started not long after I started getting chkdsk errors when trying to defrag with O&O defrag. I have to do a chkdsk /r before defragging. I have installed quite a few applications since then, but can't really tie any one application to the problem. Hopefully, someone with a bit of experience with XP x64 can make heads or tails of this. Any help or suggestions to diagnosing this problem is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

{{{{SiSoftware Sandra

System
    Host Name : XPX64
    User : Administrator
    Workgroup : MSHOME

Processor
    Model : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU X6800 @ 2.93GHz
    Speed : 2.93GHz
    Performance Rating : PR9948 (estimated)
    Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)
    Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)
    Type : Dual-Core
    Internal Data Cache : 2x 32kB Synchronous, Write-Thru, 8-way set, 64 byte line size
    L2 On-board Cache : 4MB ECC Synchronous, ATC, 16-way set, 64 byte line size, 2 threads sharing

Mainboard
    Bus(es) : ISA X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB i2c/SMBus
    MP Support : 1 Processor(s)
    MP APIC : Yes
    System BIOS : AT/AT COMPATIBLE
    Mainboard : Dell Inc. 0MY510
    Total Memory : 3.9GB ECC DDR2-SDRAM

Chipset 1
    Model : Dell Computer Corp 82975X Memory Controller Hub
    Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 266MHz (1064MHz data rate)
    Total Memory : 4GB ECC DDR2-SDRAM
    Memory Bus Speed : 4x 166MHz (664MHz data rate)

Video System
    Monitor/Panel : Dell 2208WFP(Digital)
    Adapter : ATI FireGL V7350
    Adapter : ATI FireGL V7350 Secondary
    Imaging Device : Canon MP830

Physical Storage Devices
    Hard Disk : Dell VIRTUAL DISK SCSI Disk Device (272GB)
    Hard Disk : Canon MP830Storage USB Device
    CD-ROM/DVD : PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8801 (CD 48X Rd, 48X Wr) (DVD 6X Rd, 6X Wr)
    CD-ROM/DVD : SONY CD-RW CRX217E (CD 255X Rd, 48X Wr)

Logical Storage Devices
    Hard Disk (C:) : 272GB (87GB, 32% Free Space) (NTFS)
    CD-ROM/DVD (D:) : N/A
    CD-ROM/DVD (E:) : N/A

Peripherals
    Serial/Parallel Port(s) : 2 COM / 1 LPT
    USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8
    USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9
    USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA
    USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
    USB Controller/Hub : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC
    USB Controller/Hub : USB Root Hub
    USB Controller/Hub : Generic USB Hub
    USB Controller/Hub : USB Composite Device
    USB Controller/Hub : USB Printing Support
    USB Controller/Hub : USB Mass Storage Device
    USB Controller/Hub : USB Printing Support
    Keyboard : PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse : Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Trackball
    Human Interface : Logitech Cordless USB Trackball

MultiMedia Device(s)
    Device : Creative SB Live! Value
    Device : Creative Game Port

Communication Device(s)
    Device : Agere Win Modem

Printers and Faxes
    Model : PDF995
    Model : PageManager PDF Writer
    Model : Microsoft XPS Document Writer
    Model : Fax
    Model : Canon MP830 Series Printer (Copy 1)
    Model : Canon MP830 Series Printer
    Model : Canon MP830 FAX (Copy 1)
    Model : Canon MP830 FAX
    Model : Auto PageManager PDF Writer on XPX32

Power Management
    AC Line Status : On-Line

Operating System(s)
    Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2003 Professional x64 Edition 5.02.3790 (Service Pack 2)

Network Services
    Adapter : Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller}}}

Attached Files:

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Debugging isn't going to help you here, due to the dump files being unable to analyzed as to what is doing it. An interesting experiment would be to change the dump file size to a full memory dump, and then analyze it next crash again.

Let me warn you though...it (the file) will be the size of your ram, so dont forget to change it back when done, and delete the file.

What is the reason for chkdsk /r every defrag?

Checked your ram recently?

3. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

Yes. I did an overnight ram check with no errors. O&O does a chkdsk before defrag and halts if an error comes up. So, I have been doing a chkdsk /r before defragging. I did this last night, though, and O&O defrag still stalled due to chkdsk error.

I will go to the full size dump and see what happens.

Thanks,

Mike

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Keep me updated.

What did OO say the error was?

5. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

You haven't said what brings on these crashes.

Can you, for instance, turn off all power management and leave the system running quiescent long enough to expect a crash (e.g. overnight )?

6. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

O&O doesn't specify the error. I will run a plain chkdsk to get the error specifics.

As I went about turning on the full memory dump I found I already had one of the second crash last night. Attached are the WinDbg output(even zipped the MEMORY.DMP file is 281 MB)
    What brings on the crashes is not specific. IE is common. Watching TV with OnAirGT. Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.1.325 updates.

Attached Files:

7. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

I will try to run system in quiescent mode for a few nights to check to see if it crashes. Normally, I shut down at night to conserve energy, unless I am downloading or doing system maintenance.

8. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

Just crashed again. I had changed my Memory dump file output to a kernal dump. The WinDbg analysis output attached. I was in IE.

Mike

Attached Files:

9. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

Again: I was in IE.

Attached Files:

10. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Problems with ntkrnlmp.exe and cordless USB devices have been reported.
    Does changing the mouse affect it?
    Sandra says you have a normal PS2 keyboard.

11. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

Yes, I have a cordless optical trackman. I will run with a standard mouse for awhile and if it crashes I will unload the driver.

Also, I forgot to mention that a couple of weeks ago I started getting seek errors with my floppy drive and floppy drive not found during bootup. The drive checked out fine on another computer so I reinstalled it physically, but disabled it in the bios. I also ran HD Tune 2.55 error check last night on the hard drive array and found one damaged block. I may have to get another hard drive and swap it in for each of the drives to diagnose which one.

Are you saying that the reported issues were cordless usb devices causing problems with ntkrnlmp.exe loading?

12. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

Crashed during shutdown, just after installing 3 button logitech mouse update (hp M0S48a 3 button scroll mouse).

Attached Files:

13. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Reports on hardware faults associated with ntkrnlmp.exe are mainlly about memoryand incompatible timing of modules, but there have been reports of usb related issues. In particular one user's problems went away after he changed from a usb cordless keyboard.

14. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

I did fix the floppy drive problem by resetting the BIOS setting to factory(Dell) defaults and then put the boot order back to what I had it.

I am sure hoping the mouse is it.

15. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

I am concerned about 'installing' any mouse in this situation.

A standard mouse should just work.

16. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

The scroll roller did not work until I updated the logitech wireless mouse driver. Turns out the hp mouse was made by logitech.

If I have and future crashes, I will completely uninstall the logitech driver and maybe then the mouse will just work.

17. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

Crashed again. This time a Stop D1. :cry I will now remove the mouse driver completely.

I am also going to put a request in the Malware forum as I am also getting an error just after startup: Error in Ssl Connection.

Attached Files:

18. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

19. fordmodelb

fordmodelb Private E-2

The hotfixes provided files that were older than what I already have. I ran system file checker and it wanted my installation disk, so that is promising.

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds