XP2 Happy Computing !

Discussion in 'Software' started by redskydawning, Aug 11, 2004.

1. redskydawning

redskydawning Private E-2

I use a Toshiba laptop as my main computer (actually my only computer). I downloaded and installed the last few beta builds of SP2 and have now downloaded and installed the final realease. I wish to report I have had no problems whatsoever (either during installation or in daily use).

I admit that the new much hyped Security Center is of little use to me for the following reasons: #1 I have the new windows firewall disabled as I perfer to continue using and monitoring Zone Alarm Pro which works just fine with SP2. #2 I have the Windows Automatic Update disabled as I perfer to monitor for available updates myself using my own timetable. #3 While the Security Center recognizes my anti-virus (AVG Pro) and informs me it is up to date, I already knew that :)

I do like the new pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer

I would encourage anyone wishing to upgrade to do so. I did and it was sorta fun :) However, I should point out that I would have had no problem if for some reason something had happened during the upgrade process and and I had been forced to format and clean install. Heck! I do that ever so often just for the fun of it :)

I keep a really clean machine without a lot of third party software. What I do have is working well with the upgrade.

Happy computiing !

2. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

umm then whats this

lol looks like it didnt go so clean after all. You shouldnt have to format to upgrade it.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

eagle eyed Wookie ;)

RedSky what was the problem during install that made you have to clean install?

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well, I actually AM doing fine with it :p

.... no re-formatting, yet. I will be quite soon, because I've got to get rid of some clutter that I've accumulated like programs that won't uninstall etc.

5. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

You misunderstood the post, man!

Wook, ya gotta READ the ENGLISH before you POST the COMMENT.

He said ...
    "... I would have had no problem if for some reason something had happened during the upgrade process ..."

And that MEANS that nothing DID happen during the upgrade process.

"... and ["IF" IMPLIED] I had been forced to format and clean install."

And it all MEANS that IF he had needed to format (but he DIDN'T need to format), he wouldn't have been bothered by that need (which did NOT arise).

Best regards from an old teacher.

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Re: You misunderstood the post, man!

damned double negatives.. ;)

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I ain't never done none of dem!

8. redskydawning

Thank you Wise Wiz for explaining what I said :) You are correct in your interpretation.

I will repeat for the others: I installed XP2 with NO problems and have found NO problems in it's daily use.

I encourage others to forget their paranoia :)

Once again...happy computing !

9. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

10. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

let the wookie win ;)

11. redskydawning

I am sorry I made the post. I was just trying to be kind and helpful.

Let me close with a quote: "It is better to remain quiet and appear to be a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Once again, I am sorry if I confused anyone.

12. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I read it just fine.

Must be the hick in me that allows me to be able to read oddly constructed sentences ;)

13. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

don't sweat it man..

14. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

I love you all...like brothas

15. billH

billH Master Sergeant

You didn't confuse anyone RSD. Relax. Your voice is as important as that of anyone here. Thanks for the info.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds